Tuesday, November 9, 2010

And I thought breaking up was bad ...

It's been 4 months since my last relationship ended.  More accurately, I got dumped because he "needed time for himself, doesn't want to be in a relationship and was not ready to get married anytime soon".  And you all know what happens when a guy says that!  Yes, he starts dating someone a month later, and plans to propose 3 months into the relationship.  Nothing says cliche more than this storyline.


The rational side of me says he didn't cheat on me, people fall in love without planning it, and I simply wasn't the one for him.  Ironic when that's not what he said a week before he broke up with me.  It doesn't matter anymore whether he meant it or not.  But let's not get into the details.  


The irrational side of me says I don't care.  I'm hurting like crazy inside, and I don't need a reason to be mad.  I'm angry, and that's that.  I'll drink myself to a stupor, and smoke until my lungs turn black.  I will do what I want.  I hate him for hurting me.  I hate him for not choosing me.  I just hate him.


But in the end, I'm just wasting my time.  Hating someone takes up a lot of energy.  I haven't felt this physically and emotionally drained in months.  It took me four months to bring myself to the point where I'm "ok".  I don't want to take another four months to get over this.  I don't have that many four months to waste.  But I know there's nothing really to "get over".  He's dead to me.  He's not part of my life, so whether he finds the love of his life or get into a car accident (just for example, don't want to incriminate myself here), it's none of my business.  I shouldn't care.  


If it wasn't only easier said than done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment